Corporate OverviewAker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 14,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for more information on our business, people and values.
In 2017 Aker Solutions will be responsible for delivering the Hook-up phase of the Mariner oilfield development. Statoil Mariner project is the largest new offshore development in the UK in more than a decade. The hook-up is due to commence in summer 2017 with Production expected in 2018.
In order to prepare for this large project, we are looking to identify construction personnel whom can strengthen our team.
We will be hosting a number of assessment centre events across the UK in March / April 2017. The purpose of these events will be to assess suitability of potential resources for the project through knowledge tests and/or interviews. These events will also give candidates an opportunity to learn more about Aker Solutions & the project.
Should your application pass the initial screening phase, we will be in touch in February 2017 to acquire your attendance at one of these events. We kindly ask for your patience in hearing back from us on your application.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Instrument Technician is responsible for carrying out the work scopes assigned, safely, on time, in budget and ensure the technical integrity of the installation. Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Able to work in a safe manner and pay due respect to the safety of others and the integrity of the installation
- Conform to Aker safety requirements as documented in Just Rules and participate in Aker or client safety observation programmes
- Deliver a high quality, consistent and competent trade construction service in accordance with project / company requirements, standards and procedures
- Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the TRADE workscope is completed safely and to a high standard
- Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team
- Able to read and interpret instrument drawings and line diagrams (unsupervised)
- Understanding of installation, testing & commissioning with associated instruments
- Understanding of field mounted instruments and associated transmitters. This includes level, pressure, temperature and flow instrumentation
- Able to carry out Pressure Testing, trip testing, fault finding and loop checking on PLC's, alarms etc.
- Understanding of control and safety systems
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Apprenticeship or Level 2 NVQ equivalent in relevant trade discipline
- ONC in an engineering discipline or City and guilds in a related trade or an NVQ Level 3 in a related trade
- CA EBS
- Experience in using P.T.W or I.S.S.O.W
- Working at Height Awareness
- Manual Handling Awarenes
- Reading and interpreting schematic and loop drawings
Please upload certificates and qualifications at the time of application.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Good work/life balance.
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks.
- Development opportunities.
NES Advantage is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.