Corporate OverviewAker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 13,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for more information on our business, people and values.
We are now looking for a flexible and dynamic Electrical Maintenance Technician to join our Statoil Mariner project, within a new team that is being created. The Mariner platform is currently being constructed in South Korea and will be installed East of Shetland in 2017.
This is an exciting role that will allow the successful candidate to join the Mariner project at the start of a journey that promises both longevity and challenges whilst working with the very latest technology.
The role will initially be based in Aberdeen, prior to going offshore in 2017 as part of the minimum core team. These roles shall commence in the very near future and therefore availability alongside the right candidates are key drivers in our search.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Electrical Maintenance Technician is responsible for carrying out work scopes assigned, safely, on time, in budget and ensure the technical integrity of the installation. Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
During this period successful candidates will carry out pre mobilisation Training. The start date, duration and rotation associated with this training is currently under review for this position and will be discussed during the interview process
Offshore HUC Phase:
This period will be covered by a 3:3 Rota with no additional holidays
Offshore Operational Phase:
During operations successful candidates will be on a 2:3 Rota with up to 14-days “Clawback” and will be expected to carry out discipline maintenance activities effectively and efficiently to maximize time on tools. This will also include the initial investigation for breakdowns/fault finding and ensure on the job presence during major work scopes. ‘Clawback’ will be used for company nominated activities.
Hands-On Maintenance and Testing of the following systems/equipment:
- LM2500 DLE Dual Fuel Turbines (Complete with Dresser Rand Packages & System 1 condition monitoring)
- Modern Safety Automated Control Systems and Power Management Systems (Kongsberg experience advantageous)
- ATEX Inspections and compliance – The use of mobile handheld devices in the field e.g. tablets
- Transformers and chokes
- Electrical hand tools
- Electrical distribution systems (e.g. Lighting/small power)
- Battery & uninterruptible power supply (UPS) systems
- Circuit protection devices
- A.C. electric motors
- D.C. electric motors
- Lighting equipment (e.g. Flood/spot units)
- Heating, ventilation & air conditioning systems
- Knowledge of high voltage equipment
- ABB Variable Speed Drives
- Fabrication and installation of cable support and transit systems
- Testing of cables and equipment
- Work from drawings (unsupervised)
- Work to recognised standards / procedures / codes of practice
- Fault diagnosis and rectification using initiative
- Undertake approved electrical isolations on Low, and medium voltage plant and equipment ( up to 6.6 KV)
- Competent in HV switching and isolations
- Carry out on the job technical and safety training and Supervise vendors working under their supervision
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Substantial offshore maintenance experience required
- All applicants must open to change to support the Mariner Project during all phases
- Realise the business requirement to ensure tool time offshore is maximised
- Maintain a competency level to be able to stand-in confidently offshore as Responsible Electrical Person - REP
- Comfortable, competent and confident to carry out the role of Senior Authorised Electrical Person – SAEP
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office tools i.e. Outlook / Excel / Word
- Open to the use of new technology and use of handheld devices / tablets in the field to maximise time on tools
- SAP Maintenance Management System experience
- Clear communicator
- Have an appreciation of working with different cultures and languages
- Apprenticeship or Level 2 NVQ equivalent in relevant trade discipline
- ONC in an engineering discipline or City and Guilds in related trade or an NVQ Level 3 in a related trade
- Has demonstrable evidence of holding REP/SAEP or equivalent role in a Permit to Work system like ISSOW
- IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition
- Electricity at Work regulations
- Emergency First Aid at work (Specific to electricians)
- High level of competency in understanding electrical systems
- Read and interpret schematic and loop drawings
- CA EBS
- Working at Height Awareness
- Fire Team Member, including Chester Step fitness assessment
- Approved Muster Checker
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Good work/life balance.
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks.
- Development opportunities.
- The opportunity for early involvement in one of the most exciting long term field developments in the UKCS
Flexibility in your approach to work and to assist in getting Mariner ready in different locations. This may mean working initially onshore in Aberdeen and/or site based work in South Korea before joining the topsides offshore for the hook up phase. This will help get the asset ready and give you hands-on experience of its systems prior to start-up
High calibre suitably experienced and qualified personnel who can demonstrate a real ‘can-do’ attitude. with a willingness to support the Mariner field in maximising time on tools and achieving a goal of 9hr tool time/shift
Contact Us:Frontica is Aker Solutions' global recruitment sevices provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact Andrea Gordon Team Leader 01224 528132