Corporate OverviewAker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 13,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for more information on our business, people and values.
We are now looking for a flexible and dynamic Instrument Maintenance Technician to join our Statoil Mariner project, within a new team that is being created. The Mariner platform is currently being constructed in South Korea and will be installed East of Shetland in 2017.
This is an exciting role that will allow the successful candidate to join the Mariner project at the start of a journey that promises both longevity and challenges whilst working with the very latest technology.
The role will initially be office based in Aberdeen, prior to going offshore in 2017 as part of the minimum core team. These roles shall commence in the very near future and therefore availability alongside the right candidates are key drivers in our search.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Instrument Maintenance Technician is responsible for carrying out the work scopes assigned, safely, on time, in budget and ensure the technical integrity of the installation. Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
During this period successful candidates will carry out pre mobilisation training. The start date, duration and rotation associated with this training is currently under review for this position and willbe discussed during the interview process
Offshore HUC Phase:
This period will be covered by a 3:3 Rota with no additional holidays
Offshore Operational Phase:
- During operations successful candidates will be on a 2:3 Rota with up to 14-days “Clawback” and will be expected to carry out discipline maintenance activities effectively and efficiently to maximize time on tools. This will also include the initial investigation for breakdowns/fault finding and ensure on the job presence during major work scopes. ‘Clawback’ will be used for company nominated activities
Hands-On Maintenance and Testing of the following systems/equipment:
- Gas Compression Skids (Complete with Dresser Rand Packages
- LM2500 DLE Dual Fuel Turbines ( Complete with Dresser Rand Packages & System 1 condition monitoring)
- Modern Safety Automated Control Systems ( Kongsberg experience advantageous)
- Field mounted instruments and associated control equipment.
- Level, pressure, temperature, and flow instrumentation
- Fire and Gas Detection & Protection Systems
- ESD/ESDV Systems
- Valve actuators and associated controls
- Electronic instrument control equipment of a conventional nature employed for standard process control
- Control valves and associated controls
- Programmable Logic Controller Systems
- Metering Systems
- ATEX Inspections – with the use of mobile handheld devices e.g. tablets
- Hydraulic systems for supporting Wells and Subsea
- Carry out on the job technical and safety training and Supervise vendors working under their supervision
In addition desirable experience includes:
- Fiscal and non-fiscal Metering – Knowledge of calibration, monitoring, testing and maintenance of the various meters onboard Mariner
- Telecoms – Testing and maintenance Onboard telecoms, third party send and receive (including Satellite/ Line of Site / Fibre Optics and ‘Land Line’ systems), ability to support IT, F&G, antennas, PA and PABX systems
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Substantial offshore maintenance experience
- All applicants must open to change and to support the Mariner Project during all phases
- Comfortable and confident to carry out the role of Senior Instrument Technician during times of absenteeism of the Statoil Senior Technician
- Realise the business requirement to ensure tool time offshore is maximised
- SAP Maintenance Management System experience
- Clear communicator
- Have an appreciation of working with different cultures and languages
- Apprenticeship or Level 3 NVQ equivalent in relevant trade discipline
- ONC in an engineering discipline or City and guilds in a related trade or an NVQ Level 3 in a related trade
- Working at Height Awareness
- Manual Handling Awareness
- Bolting & Torquing Competent [4 bolt flanges]
- Small Bore Tubing Competent [ ECITB or equivalent ]
- Competent to carry our personal instrumentation isolations
- Reading and interpreting schematic and loop drawings
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office tools i.e. Outlook / Excel / Word
- Open to the use of new technology and use of handheld devices / tablets in the field to maximise time on tools
- CA EBS
- Advanced First Aid
- Experience in using P.T.W or I.S.S.O.W an electronic permit to work system
- Emergency response experience
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Good work/life balance.
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks.
- Development opportunities.
- The opportunity for early involvement in one of the most exciting long term field developments in the UKCS
Flexibility in your approach to work and to assist in getting Mariner ready in different locations. This may mean working initially onshore in Aberdeen and/or site based work on the topsides offshore for the hook up phase. This will help get the asset ready and give you hands-on experience of its systems prior to start-up
High calibre suitably experienced and qualified personnel who can demonstrate a real ‘can-do’ attitude with a willingness to support the Mariner field in maximising time on tools and achieving a goal of 9hr tool time/shift
Contact Us:Frontica is Aker Solutions' global recruitment sevices provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact Andrea Gordon Team Leader 01224 528132