Corporate OverviewAker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 13,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for more information on our business, people and values.
We are now looking for a flexible and dynamic Mechanical Maintenance Technician to join our Statoil Mariner project, within a new team that is being created. The Mariner platform is currently being constructed in South Korea and will be installed East of Shetland in 2017.
This is an exciting role that will allow the successful candidate to join the Mariner project at the start of a journey that promises both longevity and challenges whilst working with the very latest technology.
The role will initially be based in Aberdeen, prior to going offshore in 2017 as part of the minimum core team. These roles shall commence in the very near future and therefore availability alongside the right candidates are key drivers in our search.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician is responsible for carrying out work maintenance scopes assigned, safely, on time, in budget and ensure the technical integrity of the installation. Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
During this period successful candidates will carry out pre mobilisation Training. The start date, duration and rotation associated with this training is currently under review for this position and will be discussed during the interview process.
Offshore HUC Phase:
This period will be covered by a 3:3 Rota with no additional holidays
Offshore Operational Phase:
- During operations successful candidates will be on a 2:3 Rota with up to 14-days “Clawback” and will be expected to carry out discipline maintenance activities effectively and efficiently to maximize time on tools. This will also include the initial investigation for breakdowns/fault finding and ensure on the job presence during major work scopes. ‘Clawback’ will be used for company nominated activities.
Hands-On Maintenance, repair and testing of the following systems/equipment:
- LM2500 DLE Dual Fuel Turbines
- Diesel engines
- Centrifugal and rotary pumps, including mechanical seals
- Compressors (air and gas)
- Pressure Relief Valves e.g. Buckling Pin / Spring / Pilot / Bursting discs
- General Valve repairs and overhaul
- Heat Exchangers – Shell & Tube / Plate Pack
- Mechanical equipment associated with HVAC and Refrigeration facilities
- Piping & Hydraulic Systems
- Lifeboat Maintenance
- Alignment of rotating equipment
- Flexible Hoses
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Substantial offshore maintenance experience required
- All applicants must open to change to support the Mariner Project during all phases
- Realise the business requirement to ensure tool time offshore is maximised
- Maintain a competency level to be able to stand-in confidently offshore as Senior Mechanical Technician
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office tools i.e. Outlook / Excel / Word
- Open to the use of new technology and use of handheld devices / tablets in the field to maximise time on tools
- SAP Maintenance Management System experience
- Clear communicator
- Have an appreciation of working with different cultures and languages
- Have a good understanding and working knowledge of Condition based monitoring of equipment
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of understanding of HSE safe working practices, procedures and their implementation
- Safe working – commitment to safe working practices ensuring that all workscopes are completed in a safe manner at all times
- Can demonstrate the ability to read, interpret and implement procedures / specifications / drawings (P&ID’s)
- Apprenticeship or level 3 NVQ equivalent in relevant trade discipline
- ONC in an engineering discipline or City and Guilds in a related trade or an NVQ level 3 in a related trade as a minimum, HNC preferred
- ECITB Bolting, Torquing, Heat Exchangers and Tensioning Certification and Competency
- ECITB Small Bore Tubing Certification / Competency
- Pressure Safety Valve Recertification Certification / Competency
- Rigging Level 2 Certification / Competency
- Certification / Competency in the use of workshop equipment e.g. Lathe/Pedestal Drill etc
- Approved Muster Checker
- CA EBS
- Compex ( Mechanical)
- Working at Height Awareness
- Competitive compensation and benefits.
- Good work/life balance.
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks.
- Development opportunities.
- The opportunity for early involvement in one of the most exciting long term field developments in the UKCS
Flexibility in your approach to work and to assist in getting Mariner ready in different locations. This may mean working initially onshore in Aberdeen and/or site based work on the topsides offshore for the hook up phase. This will help get the asset ready and give you hands-on experience of its systems prior to start-up
High calibre suitably experienced and qualified personnel who can demonstrate a real ‘can-do’ attitudewith a willingness to support the Mariner field in maximising time on tools and achieving a goal of 9hr tool time/shift
Contact Us:Frontica is Aker Solutions' global recruitment sevices provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact Andrea Gordon Team Leader 01224 528132