Corporate OverviewAker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 14,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for more information on our business, people and values.
Aker Solutions' Products UK Application Engineering Team based in Aberdeen and Reading is responsible for delivering multi-disciplined engineering for our subsea controls systems and system architecture to all Aker Delivery Centres. In that capacity our team of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and system engineers provide FEED and detail engineering into Front End and Projects, support to our manufacturing facilities, the provision of diagnostic and fault analysis and front line global support for the controls product portfolio.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager to lead our Control Systems Architecture team, reporting to the Vice President Application Engineering.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Leadership of the application engineering for control systems architecture from Tender through initial Engineering, manufacture and to product delivery
- Allocate & manage resources to meet the demands of the business, capacity planning and recruitment for the team
- Carry out appraisals and ensure development plans and succession plans in place
- Provide guidance, coaching & mentoring to all Engineers
- Be the person accountable for addressing key issues regarding quality, budget and on time delivery of application engineering scopes of work to key stakeholders
- Deliver on-time and within budget
- Ensure group is aware and compliant with latest procedures and statutory requirements.
- Ensure all aspects of design, i.e engineering, manufacture, HSE, cost, form fit & function have been correctly identified and addressed.
- Monitor the Topside team progress and deliverables.
- Take full responsibility for the quality of controls architecture application engineering throughout the execution stages.
- Install a Right First Time culture across all team functions and processes.
- Share knowledge & best practice across the regions.
- Build database of product technical capabilities.
- Set leading/ role model examples on HSE issues within your areas of operation and influence
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Engineering Degree/HND qualified
- Experienced manager within the Subsea sector or Oil & Gas industry
- Demonstrable, relevant Controls System & Product experience
- A proven track record in the development, delivery and support of Controls equipment in Subsea Production Systems
- Demonstrable relevant Systems or Project Engineering experience preferably within the Oil and Gas industry
- Inspirational leader
- Embraces change
- Takes ownership & responsibility
- Open, honest and direct
- Active listener
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
Contact Us:NES Advantage is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact: Stephen Laurie, Senior Recruiter: 020 8811 7385