Corporate OverviewAker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 14,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for more information on our business, people and values.
Aker Solutions will strengthen the Financial Reporting Group team with a motivated professional who thrive in a dynamic environment. We are looking for a candidate with background from audit and/or group accounting with the ability to convert technical IFRS knowledge into practical solutions. The position has challenging and interesting responsibilities within a wide range of IFRS issues as well as ICFR initiatives (internal control over financial reporting), financial closing and consolidation processes. This is an excellent opportunity to apply and expand your financial reporting skills and get hands-on knowledge of the oil and gas services sector.
You will have a central role in the Group Financial Reporting team with highly skilled and motivated IFRS and consolidation experts responsible for the external reporting of Aker Solutions. The team is strategically located in the corporate CFO organization, and interacts with finance professionals globally. Together we are on a continuous journey driving initiatives for more efficient, effective and compliant financial reporting.
Are you the expert we are looking for?
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Be responsible for various IFRS topics with preparation of accounting memo
- Implement new IFRS standards, develop accounting guidance and hold training sessions
- Discuss and guide finance staff, business- and project controllers
- Be responsible for sections in the half-year and annual report
- Perform quality assurance of reporting units in monthly consolidation
- Lead or participate in various global finance improvement initiatives and reviews
- Perform various ad-hoc analytical reviews
- Communicate with auditor
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience within auditing and/or consolidation.
- Master in Accounting and Auditing (Certified Public Accountant/Statsautorisert Revisor)
- Solid IFRS experience, knowledge of construction contracts is an advantage
- Strong communication skills in both English and Norwegian, written and oral
- Strong excel skills, experience with SAP and HFM consolidation system is an advantage
- Be energetic, proactive and have a high working capacity
- Take responsibility to investigate, assess and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Genuine interest for IFRS and curious on the practical application
- Ability to see both the details and the big picture
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
- Great challenges that will develop you personally and build your financial reporting skills
- Opportunity to learn one of the most exciting companies in Norway from the inside
For further information please contact:
Espen Bygdevoll, NES Advantage Solutions
Mob: + 47 483 13 337
Applications will be evaluated continuously. Please submit your CV, motivation letter and copies of educational diplomas.
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.