Corporate OverviewAker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 14,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for more information on our business, people and values.
Aker Solutions’ project portfolio in Stavanger is expanding. We are now recruiting several new employees to strengthen our teams and prepare for future growth.
Aker Solutions Technical Safety departement based in Stavanger consists of over 20 highly qualified Technical Safety Engineers. The engineers are involved in a wide variety of projects ranging from smaller Front End Studies to Major Modification Projects and various Specialist Services.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Participate in the engineering of Front End,- Conceptual- and FEED Studies, M&M Projects in addition to major Modification- and Decommissioning Projects.
Ensure that work within discipline activities is performed in accordance with relevant regulations and standards and the project execution model for the assigned project.
Development in updating- or establishing philosophies, design basis safety strategies etc.
Assessment of risk level for different solutions including associated qualitative/ quantitative analysis.
Contribute in system design of active and passive fireprotection-, escape and evacuation- and fire & gas detection systems.
Initiate technical safety reviews/-verifications.
- Establish Safety drawings such as Escape route drawings, Hazardous area drawings, F&G detection drawings, Fire Protection Data Sheets, Active- and Passive fire protection
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Minimum 5 years of experience from the Oil and Gas industry, preferably in Norway.
Higher degree in a technical descipline, BSc, MSc or equivalent.
Knowledge of relevant legislation and standards.
Good communication skills written/spoken in both Norwegian and English.
Good cooperative and teamworking skills, as well as to demonstrate flexibility, initiative and responsibility.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities