Corporate OverviewAker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 14,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for more information on our business, people and values.
Aker Solutions based in Aberdeen, is responsible for delivering quality service, safely, on time, within budget whilst ensuring the technical integrity of onshore and offshore assets. We actively promote the highest standards of HSEQ and at all times act within the Aker Solutions Just Care procedures. The engineering department, consisting of experienced, multi-discipline engineering personnel within one of our ongoing projects is seeking to strengthen the team through the recruitment of an experienced Asset Integrity Engineer - Hydraulic System.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Conduct reviews of asset technical documentation relating to subsea equipment including, but not limited to subsea production controls
- Liaising with internal Customer support teams and external Customer representatives to troubleshoot and diagnose issues, faults and anomalies
- Analysing and evaluating Subsea Production Control System data to define system anomalies, faults and issues, interrogating such data to present key Subsea Control System performance implications.
- Providing multi-discipline subsea technical expertise for Predictive Services within AIM
- Aid in development of the Predictive Services offering
- Support the preparation of Asset Integrity Reports to demonstrate asset health conditions
- Responsible for assessing anomaly reports to determine Remedial Actions
- Development of maintenance optimisation strategies and Planned Maintenance Routine(s) (PMR)
- Conduct root cause analysis (RCA) to determine corrective actions
- Providing technical support and troubleshooting capability to subsea intervention activities
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Charted Engineering or Working towards Chartered Engineer or equivalent status
- Detailed knowledge of KIPSIM, Simulation X or Control Simulator or similar analysis package
- Demonstrable experience with a significant proportion in design and manufacture of subsea controls equipment
- In depth knowledge of the design of typical subsea controls systems, including hydraulic, power and communications
- In depth knowledge of Hydraulic Power Unit
- Knowledge of Xmas Tree, Wellhead, Manifolds, Connection Systems and chemical distribution systems
- Will have a sound working knowledge of offshore working techniques and ideally will have had exposure to the offshore working environment
- Review of Electrical & Hydraulic Schematics and Specifications, review and implement Control System Hydraulic/ Analysis
- Working knowledge of MathCAD or similar analysis package / AutoCAD and SolidWorks / SAP
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
NES Advantage is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact Andrea Gordon / Team Leader / 01224 528132