Corporate OverviewAker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 14,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for more information on our business, people and values.
Aker Solutions' Front End Subsea Facilities is based at Fornebu, Norway. The System Engineering department is responsible for System Engineering – and Engineering Management global processes. The team is involved in all Subsea project life cycle phases and is responsible for providing skilled resources to such work.
As a System Engineer you will become a member of a highly qualified System Engineering team which leads the system solution development in projects. You will be assigned to work with Subsea Front End Engineering project, EPC tenders, EPC execution projects and internal development/improvement activities. The System Engineer is involved in all project phases from system definition to detail engineering, as well as at the back end with engineering for operation and testing.
Our main System Engineering efforts are focused around the overall concept- and system designs, project philosophies including materials, HSE in design and RAM, system analysis, insulation system, equipment lists, ROV and training system in Subsea System projects. We are also responsible for technical coordination and technical interfacing to ensure that the project delivery functions as an integrated system.
To support our long term growth plans within the subsea market, we are looking for dedicated and talented individuals to strengthen our System Engineering team.
We are looking for a Senior System Engineer
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Manage, drive and motivate a team of Subsea System Engineers working within our Subsea Alliance with AkerBP and Subsea7
- Responsible for System Engineering budget, schedule compliance and workload forecasting
- Developing, co-ordinating and delivering high quality concept- and system designs, project philosophies including materials, HSE in design and RAM, system analysis, insulation system, scope management, IMR in Subsea System projects
- Manage and follow up interfaces- and changes for the system
- Participate and/or lead design reviews, both internally and with client
- Participate in safety reviews, (HAZOPs, HAZIDs, FMECA, etc.), both internally and with client
- Execute project related activities in accordance with Aker Solutions' Project Execution Model, industry codes/standards and project requirements
- Streamlining work processes, develop best practices and documentation template to improve project execution efficiency
- Continually strive to implement lessons learnt from all previously executed projects
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Master Degree in System Engineering, with a background in Automation Engineering and with minimum 5 years relevant experience as a Senior System Engineer within the Subsea industry
- Experience with Workover Systems is seen as an advantage
- Experience with System Testing
- Expert understanding of the constraints and drivers of other disciplines (mechanical, piping, structural, material, controls, electrical, instrumentation)
- Expert knowledge of industry codes and standard (ISO, API, ASME, NORSOK etc.)
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude, structured and with a solution oriented mind set
- Ability to plan and manage own and others workload in an efficient manner to meet schedule and budget targets
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate effectively in English, both oral and written
- Contractual and commercial awareness
- Willing to travel/commute between Subsea Alliance locations and home base at Fornebu
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
- Work rotation (front end, system engineering, system testing)
For further information please contact:
Morten Bentzon, Manager System Engineering, Tel: 906 39 915
Synøve Sørland, Senior Recruiter, Tel: +47 48108511
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.