Derrick vacu-flo degassers have a more efficient vertical tank design than traditional horizontal degassers, offering over 200 percent more surface area than alternative designs. This additional capacity results in no increase in vessel size, tank space requirements, unit weight, or reconfiguration of pit arrangements.
Features and benefits
- Stacked leaf arrangement and multiple feed ports provide higher fluid impact and greater turbulence for faster gas removal.
- More leaf surface area. The greater the effective surface area, the more efficiently gas is separated from the mud. The vacu-flo 1200 provides four times as much area as one popular unit, and 217 percent more than the closest competitor.
- Corrugated fiberglass leaves. Corrugations promote additional turbulence for efficient gas removal.
- Gas extraction. Located at the top of the vessel, this configuration permits all gas to be evacuated. Maintenance is also simplified.
- Large access door. The leaf assembly and float mechanism can be readily inspected without removing the vessel lid and components. The vacuum pump extraction line can be serviced from the outside of the Derrick vacu-flo degasser without removal of the degasser top for ease of service. This feature significantly reduces downtime and maintenance costs compared to other units.
A 5 HP vacuum pump, capable of pulling 29” Hg, draws mud into the degassing chamber where decreased pressure causes gas bubbles to surface from the fluid more rapidly. A stacked, corrugated fiberglass leaf arrangement and multiple feed ports provide higher fluid impact, thinner layers of mud dispersion, and greater turbulence for more efficient gas removal.
Derrick’s vacu-flo degassers offer convenient access to the leaf assembly and float mechanisms (without having to remove the vessel lid) through an oversized access door. This feature significantly reduces downtime and maintenance costs compared to other units. The vacu-flo degasser is available in two models: the vacu-flo 500, which has a leaf capacity of 7 264 square inches and the vacu-flo 1200, which has a leaf capacity of 14 528 square inches.