Fatigue cracking is one of the primary damage mechanisms of metallic components. It occurs as a progressive damage due to dynamic stresses in areas with a variety of physical defects.
Verify your loads, and dynamic toughness up front of fatigue failures.
Stress measurements and evaluations
Our main goal is to get ahead of the factors which leads to fatigue failures. One of the essential parameters for a crack-growth to occur is the dynamic tension represented in the specimen. A proper quantification of this parameter is an impotent input to lifetime calculations.
Aker Solutions has wide experience within dynamic measurements. We have skilled personnel on a wide range of measuring equipment - both handheld and multi-channel data loggers with simultaneous logging as an option. We are especially skilled for assignment regarding geometries, stress concentrations and material properties.
- Stress measurements in general, dynamic and static
- Evaluation of welded connections’ and fatigue capacity
- Stress measurements in process systems
- Resonance, measurements and evaluations
- Fatigue calculations
- Measuring of response loads in crane systems
- Weight measurements
- Measurement and verification of calculated loads
- Measurements’ in connection with R&D work
- Thermowell dynamic measurements and evaluations
- 3rd party verifications
Inspection and evaluation of "stress calculated" process-piping
Inspection of pipesupporting and its condition, functionality and degradation. Evaluation causes and effect relationship.
- Evaluation of plant piping to stress isometric drawings
- HMS falling objects
- Defect springsupporters
- Determine inspection intervals based on condition