COABIS™ is the Aker Solutions' software product for comprehensive asset integrity, inspection and corrosion management.
It provides the tools to plan, execute and report on integrity-related activities. Oil and gas companies use COABIS™ for their structural and process operations on onshore, offshore, subsea and topsides installations.
COABIS™ is equipped for risk based assessment of process and utility piping systems. Risk assessments determine the inspection frequency, which is then defined and ranked as high, medium or low risk grades. Internal and external inspection frequencies are returned independently, of which the system can utilise the lower of the two to define the inspection frequency.
COABIS™ is designed for and used to manage assets in the following sectors:
- Pressure systems, piping and vessels
- Subsea structures and equipment
- Offshore wind turbines
- Ship hulls and tanks
COABIS™ has a 20+ year track-record of managing inspection and integrity operations with many international oil and gas operating companies. COABIS™ contains many beneficial features including:
- Web-based reporting and reviewing of inspection findings
- Digital video interfaces
- Time to minimum allowable wall thickness calculations
- Corrosion rate calculations for pipework, including CO2, H2S and inhibitors
- Document/drawing register
- Powerful workpack planning
- Optimised interface for entering inspection results, reducing offshore time
For more information on the many features of COABIS™, please visit Coabis.
COABIS™ Web is an online accompaniment to COABIS™. It is a fully web-based interactive system that can run on a company intranet or extranet. It enables engineers and other interested parties to access and report on inspection information held in COABIS™ easily.