Flow assurance is critical in every field development
Flow assurance studies are carried out to permit reliable and safe fl uid transport from wells to processing facilities. Such studies entail analysis of thermal, hydraulic and production issues arising from design, operation and maintenance of the total systems over the lifecycle of the field.
Multiphase and dynamic simulations are performed using advanced software tools in:
- The design phases
- The operational phases (troubleshooting
- Late life with changes in compositions and flow rates
The flow assurance team in Norway consists of personnel in Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen and Kristiansund, but our international network can be utilised if required.
The scope of services embraces transientmultiphase flow studies of pipelines, flowlines, risers and wells, including:
- Pipe sizing
- Slugging studies
- Thermal studies
- Artifi cial lift studies
- Pigging simulations
- Hydrate, wax, scale and corrosion control
- Blowdown studies
- Troubleshooting on operational issues
- Technical audits and consultancy services.
Software tools include:
- Olga – for dynamic simulation of multiphase
- Aspentech Hysis Dynamics –- for dynamic simulation of topside processing facilities
- PVT Sim – for generating pressure, volume and temperature (PVT) data