Aker Solutions is continually pushing the boundaries of subsea technology to address the challenges of depleting worldwide oil supplies.
Increased oil recovery through subsea development is fast becoming a mature technology and Aker Solutions, with its century long experience in manufacturing of subsea pumps and systems to the oil and gas industry, offers several award winning and record breaking products.
Why subsea pumping:
- Increases production and recovery
- Prolongs the economic lifetime of a field
- Faster and safer start-up of low energy wells
- Enables a different production strategy (“inverse choking”)
We deploy innovative technology to address greenfield development, subsea debottlenecking, tail-end production, long step out hydrate and slug prevention, split flow to different receiving facilities and single flow line solution for deepwater fields.
Our technologies are qualified for variety of conditions:
- Deepwater – qualifying motor-pump system including power supply for water depths down to 3 000 meters and 15 000 psi (1035 bar) shut in pressure
- Extensive monitoring – accelerometers monitoring vibrations, temperature and pressure. Monitoring of transformers secondary side, current and voltage as well as general insulation level
- Long step-outs systems designed for up to 120 km with subsea variable speed drives, transformers and circuit breakers
Aker Solutions' subsea pumps department specialises in:
- Subsea raw or filtered seawater injection
- Subsea produced water re-injection
- Subsea crude oil/condensate pumping
- Pumping liquid from gas/liquid separator where the risk for gas carry-under exists
- Pumping hydrocarbons from fields producing mainly liquid but with the risk of gas break-through over time