Our integrated production umbilical™ (IPU™) combines both umbilical and flowline capabilities, bringing umbilical and riser technology together.
Operators have conventionally installed production flowlines and umbilicals separately.
Aker Solutions has worked closely with several international oil companies to design, engineer and manufacture a solution to overcome the separate component philosophy. As a result, we developed our IPU™ technology, which incorporates an actively or passively heated flowline/riser with production control functions.
The IPU™ allows the incorporation of a central gas lift or production flowline of 2” to 10” diameter within an overall umbilical design. Advantages of using the IPU technology in your field development are:
- Reduction of porches for riser and topside hang-off
- Reduction of riser installation and pull-in topside
- Reduction of intervention requirement
- Reduction of pre and post survey requirements
- Reduction of flowline connection operations
- Reduction of subsea flowline terminations
- Integral heating reduces chemical requirement for flow assurance
- Elimination of large storage and distribution facilities for methanol
- Elimination of time consuming and costly regular pigging operations