The FlexSep™ system is a separation system designed to perform both two and three phase separation and water injection for increased oil recovery.
The FlexSep™ separation system can be tailor-made to fit the customers need.
The FlexSep™ separation system can be tailor-made to fit the customers need. In its simplest form the FlexSep™ system consists of a gravity separator and a produced water injection pump (LiquidBooster™). The separator performs water knockout, and this water is injected into a suitable reservoir, while the hydrocarbons (gas and oil) are sent to further processing onshore or topside. Further separation, such as degassing, scrubbing, increased oil/water separation and produced water treatment can be applied. Technologies for these purposes are continuously under development.
Our technologies include:
- Compact degassing and scrubbing: World leading technology for bulk degassing and scrubbing is provided as a first separation stage in the overall system.
- Compact Electrostatic Coalescer, CEC™: Technology for coalescing of water droplets in oil. Increases the diameter of the water droplets making them easier to separate in a downstream separator. The CEC™ technology is qualified and has several topside deliveries. More information (link to APS site).
- Compact separator: The CEC™ technology makes it possible to reduce the size of the downstream oil/water separator significantly.
- Cyclonic Separation, CySep™: Multistage cyclonic separation. Reduces oil content in water down to 40-100 ppm. The system can handle inlet water cuts down to 70%. The technology is qualified and has topside deliveries. More information (link to APS site).
- Liquidbooster™: Multistage centrifugal pump concept (link to LiquidBooster™ site)
All technologies are under continuously development by the subsea separation R&D department