Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 14,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions’ Front End SURF (Subsea Umbilical, Riser and Flowline) is based in Trondheim. We are facing increased demand for our services and are seeking engineers (M.Sc, Ph.D) for challenging tasks within pipeline design, subsea structure design and field infrastructure development.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The work is project based and covers all phases from concept studies through FEED and Detail engineering to follow-on. Potential construction follow-up and participation in offshore installation campaigns may also be part of the work. The main engineering activities are related to flowline routing and dimensioning, including FEM analyses using e.g. ANSYS and SIMLA in addition to in-house developed software and flowline related subsea structures.
We are now looking for a Pipeline Engineer and a Subsea structure engineer with 0-3 years of experience.
Responsibilities and tasks (one or several):
- Flowline dimensioning and stability analyses
- Flowline bottom roughness and free span analyses
- Flowline thermal expansion analyses
- Seabed intervention design
- Installation analyses
- Riser design and analyses including flexibles
- Tie-in spool design and analyses
- Structural design and analyses
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Preferably familiar with FEM analyses tools like ANSYS
- For structures, preferably familiar with analysis in SAP2000 / StaadPro, ANSYS and MathCad
- Motivation and drive to contribute to further develop the SURF-division
- Structured and ability to work well alone and in cooperation with others
- Positive and proactive
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
For more information about the position please contact:
Svein Bardal, Head of Front End SURF Trondheim, +47 92823032
Tore Fagerlie, Branch Manager NES Advantage, +47 90806670
Please attach your CV, cover letter and diploma when applying online.
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.