Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
We are now looking for a Network Engineer for Johan Castberg project.
The Network Engineer will provide support for oil & gas projects as it relates to network design, network operations and network security.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provide support, investigating, analyzing, and resolving problems on network components
- Make recommendations on the development or modifications of current systems
- Understand implications of work and make recommendations for solutions
- Create new procedures and processes to drive desired results
- Provide design input to network configurations, for switches, routers and firewalls
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- A minimum of two years of experience in an implementation and support role for a large IP network
- Strong knowledge of appropriate networks, products and protocols (Cisco technologies)
- Full comprehension of the TCP/IP application suite and OSI models
- Experience with administration, implementation, and troubleshooting of IPv4, Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches, firewalls; routing tables, firewall rulesets, NAT, and QoS
- Experience with LAN switching (spanning tree, VLAN, trunking), virtual server environments and industrial control protocols like Profinet, Modbus TCP, IEC 61850, OPC UA
- An attention to detail and discipline to utilize best practices for network systems and security
- Experience from oil & gas projects is an advantage, Cisco certification is a plus
- Good team player with excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
For further information please contact:
Hans Olav Kallerød, Senior Manager, Aker Solutions, Tel: 67 51 39 74
Emily Zhang, Senior Recruiter, NES Advantage Solutions, Tel: 23 96 65 45
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.