Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to work with and lead teams responsible for Cyber Security and Network Infrastructures in control- and automation systems.
The position is responsible for ensuring that network infrastructure design and cyber security requirements are implemented and complied with according to requirements.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Implement strategies, specifications and reports for cyber security and network infrastructures in industrial automation and control systems
- Ensure design is in accordance with requirements to network infrastrutures and cyber security
- Coordinate and lead necessary meetings and technical workshops with suppliers and customer, to review network architectures and cyber security compliance
- Make recommendations for design / adaptations / modifications of network infrastructures and interfaces as needed, for physical infrastructures as well as for configurations of network equipment
- Create work processes and work flows when needed, and implement these into projects to drive the desired results
- Review and comment on supplier topology drawings, functional specifications and test procedures
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing, including reviews of configurations of network equipment such as switches, routers and firewalls
- Conduct meetings on lessons learned, share experience and train others, and update requirement specifications accordingly
- Propose and drive improvements in projects
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Automation, Computer Networking or other relevant discipline
- Long experience (8+ years) in building/troubleshooting of IP networks may compensate for the lack of education
- Strong written, oral and personal communication skills, including abilities to formulate requirements and explanations, both orally and in writing using the English language
- Experience with and ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary matrix organizations, seeking answers / advice / support as needed
- Ability to plan, prioritize and structure work according to deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as being a team player
- Full comprehension of IP based communication, especially Layer 2 / 3 / 4 mechanisms.
- Strong knowledge of networks, products and protocols, including industrial protocols such as Modbus TCP, Profinet, IEC 61850 and OPC UA
- Experience with administration, implementation and troubleshooting of VLANs, IPv4, switching / routing, firewall rulesets, NAT, QoS
- Knowledge of industrial topologies, ISA 99 and the Purdue Model
- Knowledge of the IEC 62443 framework for Cyber Security in Industrial Automation and Control Systems.
- Knowledge of risk assessments for Cyber Security
- Experience from oil & gas projects and/or control systems is an advantage.
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
For further information please contact:
Hans Olav Kallerød, Senior Manager, Aker Solutions, Tel: 67 51 39 74
Emily Zhang, Senior Recruiter, NES Advantage Solutions, Tel: 23 96 65 45
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.