Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions' (insert team) based in (insert location/city/cities), (insert7 to 10 word description of what the team is responsible for or offers e.g. deliverables/segments/markets the team is operating within). We need (insert target type e.g. talented/experienced individual(s)/engineers/operators) who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the (insert name of market) market. We are looking for (position title): Flow Assurance Engineer
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The position is required by Aker Solutions Malaysia Front End Delivery Centre. Experience with early project life cycle concept phase to FEED is a necessity. This requirement is for a flow assurance engineer experienced with network modelling, steady state and transient multiphase simulation and the mitigation of solid deposits to ensure required flow assurance parameters. The position requires an analytical person who can work autonomously and as part of a small front end team.
REPORTING LINES & INTERACTIONS:
Reports to: Primnary to Snr FD Manager and Functinally to Lead Process & Flow Assurance Engineer (Front End)
Key interactions (internally, externally):
Internally - Able to support the Flow Assurance & Process Lead on assigned work to meet its objectives.
Externally – Support the Flow Assurance & Process Lead on interaction and interface across diverse stakeholders/ clients.
- Take responsibility for completing calculations, software models, reports, and relevant deliverables as set out in the scope of work. Complete technical analysis and rationales needed as part of the study work.
- Support and provide accurate engineering output and technical information to Flow Assurance & Process Lead for decision making.
- Identification and compilation of clarifications and exceptions to customer requirements.
- Support FE internal and external meetings, forums, conferences, etc. with regards to his/ her subject matter expertise area.
- Support and coordinate flow assurance activities for studies, tenders and projects as required by Flow Assurance & Process Lead.
- Support, coordinate and prepare flow assurance clarification on studies.
- Perform flow assurance analysis (thermal, hydraulic, steady state/dynamic, erosion, vibration, etc.)
- Produce flow assurance documentation (specification, BOD, and reports as required)
Support the flow assurance scope at study/project level and collaborate and interact with internal and external stakeholder as when required by the Flow Assurance & Process Lead.
- Prepare and ensure high quality of work/ deliverables.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- University Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, fluid mechanics, or related subject.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as flow assurance engineer preferably with feasibility, front end and FEED experience.
- Fundamental understanding of fluid mechanics, thermodynamics and heat transfer and their application in equipment design.
- Experienced user of multiphase flow simulators and fluid characterization software
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to establish deadlines and manage priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication in English - proficiently communicate ideas and concepts and able to establish deadlines and manage priorities.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to present data and facts in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and respond accordingly.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, honest, reliable and punctual.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities