Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions based in St. John’s, NL provides front end studies, engineering, asset integrity management, construction, procurement and project management for upstream oil and gas facilities. We are now looking for an experienced Lead Electrical Engineer to strengthen our team.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Lead Electrical Engineer is responsible to proactively set work priorities, provide support and clear direction to all designers and engineers within the discipline to ensure delivery of electrical engineering design in accordance with industry standards and client requirements. Responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical guidance and leadership to the team through work development; investigating, advising and resolving design and field engineering issues;
- Organizing work distribution of the team with a focus on coaching and supporting the technical development of less experienced engineers and designers to develop overall capability;
- Participating in engineering and capital cost estimating; ensuring compliance with schedules and control estimates;
- Performing final engineering review of all discipline deliverables;
- Ensuring overall customer requirements are met in line with agreed standards and expectations;
- Developing and stewarding the budget and schedule for the discipline team; including progressing of CTRs;
- Ensuring completion of discipline specific as-built documentation during closeout;
- Liaising with other discipline leads and internal departments to support the overall delivery of services to the client.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Candidates should possess a Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years’ of relevant experience
- Considerable knowledge of a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer in the province of Newfoundland & Labrador
As a Lead Engineer, the following behavioral competencies are required to effectively deliver results:
- Working with People - Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others; listens, consults with others and communicates proactively; develops and openly communicates self-insight
- Planning and Organizing - Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and take account of possible changing circumstances.
- Presenting and Communicating information- Speaks clearly and fluently; express opinions, information, and key points of an argument clearly; creates presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence.
- Leading and Supervising- Provides others with a clear direction; sets appropriate standards of behavior, delegates work appropriately and fairly.
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; consistently achieves project goals.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities