Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions' Front End team in Perth are seeking a Senior Instrumentation and Controls Engineer to assist on a project for a 12-month duration.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Reporting to the Technical Director, Front End, you will:
- Review and update client technical requirements documents on Instrumentation and Controls
- Make specification and philosophy documents on instrumentation and control systems
- Design and Engineering on field instrumentation, control systems (PCS, PSD, ESD, F&G)
- Design and engineering of control systems including network and communication protocols
- Participate in multidiscipline activities / meetings on issues like HAZOP, FMECA and CA (Criticality Assessment)
- Coordinate interdisciplinary issues with other disciplines
- Reports to ICT lead (Instrument, Controls and Telecom)
- Ensuring that any work carried out by self is performed within schedule and budget constraints and that company quality systems are adhered to.
- Contribute to tenders with estimates of effort and best technical solution at bid stage.
- Monitoring trends and new products in the marketplace which could benefit the company.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Knowledge and experience of overall integrated control systems
- Knowledge and experience on design and engineering on ESD, F&G, PSD and PCS systems.
- Knowledge and experience on making Cause & Effects, control system hierarchy
- Knowledge and experience on network and communication protocols
- Work independently with separate tasks and perform accurately and have good skills for cooperation
- Solid data knowledge and of working tools (list below)
- MS Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook, Skype, etc
- Micro Station,
- ProArc (Document database)
- Preferably COMOS (Engineering Database)
- Minimum 7 years related experience
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities