Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions' Front End team in Perth are seeking a Senior Engineer - Instrumentation and Telecom Design to assist on a project for a 12-month duration.
Responsibilities and Tasks:Reporting to the Technical Director, Front End you will:
- Review and update client technical requirements documents on Telecommunications
- Making specification and philosophy documents on Telecom systems like PAGA, Data Networks, VSAT, CCTV, etc
- Development of system design requirements, topologies, Block Diagrams, etc.
- Participate in multidiscipline activities / meetings MFO, Reviews, PARs etc.
- Coordinate interdisciplinary issues with other disciplines
- Reports to ICT lead (Instrument, Controls and Telecom)
- Ensuring that any work carried out by self is performed within schedule and budget constraints and that company quality systems are adhered to.
- Contribute to tenders with estimates of effort and best technical solution at bid stage.
- Monitoring trends and new products in the marketplace which could benefit the company.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Solid experience on Telecom systems within marine and offshore industry is a requirement
- Experience from large offshore projects preferable with Kværner/Aker organization within FEED and detail design
- High skills on platform telecommunication systems such as Data and IP Telephony network, Long Distance Fiber Optics, VSAT, PAGA, Marine Radar
- Good skills and experience on design and engineering on systems like GMDSS, Meteorology, UHF Tetra, CCTV and Navigation Aids.
- Work independently with separate tasks and perform accurately and have good skills for cooperation
- Solid data knowledge and of working tools (list below)
- MS Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook, Skype, etc
- Micro Station,
- ProArc (Document database)
- Preferably COMOS (Engineering Database)
- Minimum 7 years related experience
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities