Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
We are searching for a Chief Accountant (regnskapssjef) for Aker Solutions AS. This company is the main company in the Aker Solutions Group. The finance function in the company consists of 20 professionals and is responsible for compliant statutory financial reporting to the Norwegian authorities and financial management reporting to the Group accounting function. The position is based at our head quaerters at Fornebu. Aker Solutions is a project and serfvice driven company and the chief accountant will be heavily involved in solving complex accounint issues.
The finance function has a strong focus and drive to continuously improve reporting processes and systems.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Lead the statutory and management reporting function for Aker Solutions imn Norway and develop, stimulate and coach team members in order to achieve excellent results
- Responsible for correct production and filing of the statutory accounts for Aker Solutions AS and its subsidiaries, plus its Norwegian holding companies in accordance with local statutory requirements, NGAAP.
- Responsible for management reporting of Aker Solutions AS and subsidiariesand holding companies to Aker Solutions Group on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis in accordance with Group requirements.
- Responsible for balance sheet reconciliation and documentation in accordance with external and group requirements.
- Ensure projects are correctly reported in accordance with applicable IFRS / IAS rules and regulations.
- Ensure proper internal control over the financial reporting
- Ensure correct reporting of taxes and VAT
- Coordinate external audits by Group auditor
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Required education: Chartered accountant / Master in Professional Accountancy (Statsautorisert revisor
- Required experience: Minimum of 8 years relevant of experience of which preferably at least 3-4 years from an audit firm.
- Must demonstrate good skills in accounting, finance and financial reporting
- Good knowledge of IFRS and NGAAP
- Quantitative and analytic skills
- Strong communication skills, oral and written in Norwegian and English
- Preferably basic competence in SAP and Oracle HFM
- Knowledge and use of office productivity tools (MS office etc)
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities