Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Under general supervision, the Business Systems Analyst resolves SAP issues and provides ERP system support and participates in business process improvement initiatives while developing and maintaining working relations with IT.
This position is located in Mobile, AL. It is NOT a remote position.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
■ First Tier Support for SAP related issues – ability to provide guidance to complex problem areas, errors that may cause delay, company expense and disruption, will be required to be hands on end user support for red line errors in SAP.
■ Have strong in-depth knowledge of SAP PLM (Engineering), WM (Warehouse Management), QM (Quality Management). The individual would be responsible for maintaining SAP Training Guides, Regional Work Instructions and provide classroom training to end users.
■ Responsible for granting access for our SAP ERP system and participate in GRC Audits
■ Responsible for reviewing costs for company owned cell phones, setting up phone plans for employees and purchasing and setting up company owned phones through ATT.
■ Runs monthly IT Reports and reviews to resolve incorrect charges and works to reduce costs for Aker. Will share information with Finance and AP and make adjustments as needed.
■ Develops and maintains credibility and effective working relations with both user and IT personnel in a way the demonstrates an understanding of business problems, IT strategy, issues and priorities. May coordinate with IT with distribution of IT equipment for end users and contact our local IT for equipment demob
■ Will support IS Manager on Process Improvement Initiatives and Software Enhancement Implementations
■ Reviews requests for SAP Training in the E-Learning Portal. Will create new SAP E-Learning Courses and Course Descriptions in the Portal.
■ Will be responsible to help resolve Promark issues and reboot servers as needed
■ Apply understanding of the organization, programs, and procedures related to the work of the department and/or project team
■ Will be responsible to understand our warehouse KARDEX software to help troubleshoot warehouse material issues.
■ Responsible to troubleshoot Aker bar-coding equipment for software or hardware issues
■ Work with Global SAP Support Team to help implement any policy procedures and communicate that to the regional business unit
■ Strong understanding of Document Management and troubleshoot system issues.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- WM and QM
Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Information Systems/Engineering or related discipline strongly preferred.
3+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in IT, IS, process improvement or related discipline with 3-5 years of ERP (SAP, PLM) experience (HANA preferred)
- Fundamental understanding of general business processes.
- Fundamental understanding of software and programming concept
- Apply system concepts, including general database principles and multi-platform architectures.
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Inventory and Materials Management skills required.
- Ability to conduct and establish software training programs.
- Ability to facilitate and gather information from teams.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to work with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to handle multi-task while meeting deadlines.
- Familiar with relational database concepts, and client-server concepts.
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact: Julie Watkins, Sr. Recruiter, email@example.com