Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions' based in Mobile Alabama is seeking a talented/experienced individual who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans. We are looking for a Specialist Buyer II.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Define the Supply Chain (SC) scope of work and respective Level Of Effort (LOE) for tenders, taking into consideration the strategy selected by Tender Manager for costing of materials, complexity of the tender, level of information required, etc.
- Ensure that requested SC input during tender phase is delivered at right time and with best competitive proposal
- Ensure SC participation in Tender kick off meetings, and preparation of SC strategy built on presented Project Execution model
- Perform SC tender work in assigned portfolio of tenders
- Ensure SC management review and approval of SC input before Key Control meetings: Cost base (compiled by Cost Estimator), Supplier base, LOE, Risks/opportunities.
- Monitor changes to SC input and strategy through the tender process (e.g. changes of work scope, execution model, or by client)
- Ensure SC input to opportunities and risks in Risk Register / ARM
- Responsible for required coordination/alignment with other SC functions, e.g. Category Management, Material Requirement Planning (MRP), Warehouse/Inventory reduction program, Logistics and Quality Surveillance.
- Prepare regular updates and status/overview of SC involvement in ongoing tender work in DU, including allocation of SC resources
- Procurement of commodities as needed
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:Candidate must be proficient in the following:
- Multi-discipline work and teams (engineering – projects – products – procurement - suppliers)
- Supply Chain management: sourcing, procurement, suppliers
- Understand projects priorities and need dates
- Evaluate supply chain risks and define mitigating actions.
- Structured and analytical, with strategic and operational skills
- People skills - communicative & relationship builder
- Cross functional understanding – able to establish collaborative relationships in a matrix and network organisation
- Able to handle uncertainty and complexity
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
Contact Us:NES Advantage is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact: Julie Watkins, Sr. Recruiter, Julie.email@example.com