Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions' Instrument and Automation group within the Engineering Team consists of 52 highly qualified engineers with specialist competence in Automation, Field Instruments and Area design in field development projects. We contribute in all phases of the projects from Front End studies to Detail design, Fabrication support and Commissioning in close cooperation with our clients, other engineering disciplines, vendors and fabrication sites.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to work with and lead teams responsible for Cyber Security and Network Infrastructures in control and automation systems. The position is responsible for ensuring that network infrastructure design and cyber security requirements are implemented and complied with.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Implement strategies, specifications and reports for cyber security and network infrastructures in industrial automation and control systems
- Ensure design is in accordance with requirements of network infrastructures and cyber security
- Coordinate and lead necessary meetings and technical workshops with suppliers and customer to review network architectures and cyber security compliance
- Make recommendations for design, adaptations and modifications of network infrastructures and interfaces for physical infrastructures as well as for configurations of network equipment, as required
- Create work processes and workflows, when needed, and implement these into projects to drive the desired results
- Review and comment on supplier topology drawings, functional specifications and test procedures
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing including reviews of configurations of network equipment such as switches, routers and firewalls
- Conduct meetings on lessons learned, share experiences, train others and update requirement specifications accordingly
- Propose and drive improvements in projects
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Automation, Computer Networking or other relevant discipline
- Extensive experience (8+ years) in building/troubleshooting of IP networks may compensate for the lack of formal education
- Strong written, oral and personal communication skills including the ability to formulate requirements and explanations in English
- Experience with and ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary matrix organisations, seeking answers, advice and support as needed
- Ability to plan, prioritise and structure work according to deadlines
- Full comprehension of the IP based communication, especially Layer 2 / 3 / 4 mechanisms
- Strong knowledge of networks, products and protocols including industrial protocols such as Modbus TCP, Profinet, IEC 61850 and OPC UA
- Experience with administration, implementation and troubleshooting of VLANs, IPv4, switching / routing, firewall rulesets, NAT, QoS
- Knowledge of the IEC 62443 framework for Cyber Security in Industrial Automation and Control Systems
- Knowledge of risk assessments for Cyber Security, industrial topologies, ISA 99 and the Purdue Model
- Experience from oil & gas projects and/or control systems are an advantage
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
If you are interested in this position, please do not hesitate to submit your resume and application.
For further information please contact:
Erik Næss Andersen, Senior Manager, Aker Solutions,
Emily Zhang, Senior Consultant, NES Advantage Solutions,
Email: Emily.Zhang@nesgt.com Tel: +47 23 96 65 45
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.