Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions are responsible for delivering quality service, safely, on time, within budget whilst ensuring the technical integrity of onshore and offshore assets.
The engineering department, consisting of experienced, multi-discipline engineering (EPCI) personnel is seeking to strengthen the team through the recruitment of an experienced Senior Instrument Designer to be based in our London Chiswick office.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Ensure work is completed on Schedule and within budget
- Ensure project deliverables are generated via AKIMS where applicable
- Liaise with other disciplines on design, construction, fabrication and commissioning issues
- Familiar with instrument discipline deliverables, Loop Diagrams, Hook-Up Diagrams etc.
- Review and comment on vendor information as requested by engineer
- Carry out single discipline checks and reviews
- Working knowledge and experience of design software such as PDMS, Navisworks and Autocad
- Experience in Brownfield topside design scopes and associated schedule constraints
- Brownfield modification experience concentrating on drawing updates for con for construction and as-building tasks in a timely manner
- Familiarity with Design tasks within an operations and maintenance support environment
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Attained HNC or HND in a Relevant Engineering Discipline
- Conversant with 2D CAD systems (AutoCAD / Microstation)
- Conversant with Microsoft Office
- Relevant professional experience in the Oil & Gas field
- Good team working skills
- Pro-active attitude
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
NES is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information contact Dawn Aindow, Regional Manager, London