Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions' Global Security Operations Center, based in Fornebu, is part of the Security section (HSSE) and facilitates 24/7 emergency and non-emergency security services for Aker Solutions worldwide, in addition to services to Aker Solutions customers. GSOC serves as a global information hub for monitoring special events and incidents that might impact our people, assets and business operations.
We are now looking for a talented Manager who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious plans to further build a world class organization and service. In this role you will be responsible for GSOC`s deliveries and managing all relevant operational activities and tasks related to the center and its operators. The team today comprises of 14 people.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Focal point for the suppliers of security services to the GSOC and responsible for ensuring the quality of deliveries according to contract requirements
- Responsible for the daily performance and operational delivery of GSOC
- Manage a team of diverse operators and ensure GSOC is staffed and trained appropriately for their roles
- Perform planning activities and provide direction to ensure the GSOC is delivering maximum value to the business and its customers
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance and development of the center’s operating system and framework, in addition to analysing and strengthening these processes and procedures
- Provide oversight of GSOC`s responsibilities, such as intelligence gathering, risk analysis, report writing, process compliance and communication
- Orchestrate GSOC`s support and field requests from customers as described in delivery contracts
- Direct the GSOC in incident response; empower the center to utilize the resources and knowledge necessary to manage both small and large incidents and escalations
- Ensure all systems are functioning properly and assume full responsibility for identifying and scheduling all appropriate certifications and inspections of the GSOC
- Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to ensure technical solutions for the GSOC are fit for purpose and innovation
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Security (relevant experience can compensate for lack of formal education)
- Minimum 5 years' relevant experience from similar roles and experience with leading teams either from the customer and/or supplier side
- Project management and leadership skills with proven ability to guide others in delivering outstanding results in a timely manner utilizing a strong sense of focus, organization and attention to detail
- Proven track record of balancing strategic, technical, and operational groups and managing simultaneous projects with competing resources and priorities
- Experience working with decision making, multi-tasking and high stress situations
- Experience with quality and risk management
- Structured and systematic
- Strong diplomacy skills with sensitivity protocol and digital knowledge
- Capable of building relationships at all levels and across different cultures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Norwegian and English
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
For further information please contact:
Anders Dahlby Berg, Senior Manager. Aker Solutions, Tel: +47 926 68 780
Katalin Hideg, Recruiter, NES Advantage Solutions, Tel: +47 485 06 456
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.