Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
The Cost Estimation team is responsible for preparing cost estimates for different concepts in early stage study phases for projects within the industries Aker Solutions serve, both in Norway and internationally.
The team also participates in tenders and work with development of new digital tools to increase Aker Solutions’ competitiveness in a global industry. The role interfaces with technical disciplines, project control disciplines, fabrication/construction sites and the completion team.
We are looking for experienced Cost Estimators to strengthen our capabilities within subsea tie-back solutions and emerging industries, such as, carbon capture and offshore wind, in addition to our traditional top-side field estimation.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Responsibilities and tasks as Cost Estimator for early phase studies
- Prepare cost estimates for different concepts/solutions using experience data and input from external sources and present these results both internally and externally
- Participate in study and tender reviews
- Act as study/business manager’s advisor on cost related issues
- Maintain and develop benchmarks and check estimates
- Perform build-up of man-hour/material rates or other bottom-up inputs for studies or bids
- Assist in the development of internal templates and digital tools portfolio
- Be involved with and contribute to improving methods and tools, including the digital tool portfolio
- Interact with cost estimation personnel in different regions (support, reviews, etc.)
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Master’s degree within technology or business. Relevant experience may compensate for lack of a Master’s degree
- Minimum 5 years’ of relevant experience within technical or project management disciplines in large projects
- Experience with preparation of CAPEX and/or OPEX estimates
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience from risk assessment and programming tools (phyton or other) might be an advantage
- Experience with one, or several, of the following topics:
- Estimating of subsea systems/pipelines, including marine operations
- Estimating of land-based facilities, (knowledge of bottom-up estimating)
- Estimating offshore oil and gas projects, (knowledge of top-down estimating)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to take initiative and drive and implement work processes
- Ability to work through others to achieve defined end results
- Effective interpersonal skills, strong networking ability and a good team player
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
For further information please contact:
Cathinka Nielsen, Senior Recruiter, NES Advantage Solutions, Tel. + 47 90535156
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.