Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions' Global Category Management team based in Reading, UK, is responsible for establishing effective category management processes that take a strategic approach to specific areas of spend. We are looking for a Global Category Manager to be responsible for the Subsea Control Module (SCM) / Subsea Electronic Module (SEM) products.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Category manager will act as a network owner ensuring that the global agreements are utilized to maximise benefits, whilst maintaining and improving levels of quality, service and technology.
As a Category manager you will ensure communication at management level between Aker Solutions and our selected key suppliers, and develop a framework for cooperation with suppliers ensuring a sustainable cost level on a long term basis.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Ability to define, communicate and execute category strategy on a regional/ global basis in a highly operational environment
- A degree level education with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience of supply chain processes in a technology / engineering organisation
- A background in category management / strategic sourcing, with a strong Commercial and analytical mind-set
- Experience should be gained from global organizations allowing you to demonstrate the ability to drive cross-regional initiatives, and change processes
- High integrity and ethical values, with a HSE mind-set
- Adaptable, flexible and change oriented
- Active communicator, with networking, people development, and cross-cultural cooperation abilities.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
NES Advantage is Aker Solutions' global recruitment services provider, responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact: Stephen Laurie on email@example.com or 020 3908 4484