Corporate OverviewAker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 14,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for more information on our business, people and values.
Aker Solutions' Umbilicals facility based in Mobile, AL is currently seeking two individuals to join our welding group. We need motivated individuals who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the Gulf of Mexico market. We are looking for Welder I
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Initiates the general assembly and preparation of the Termination parts and equipment for the umbilicals. Must be certified to operate and monitor the welding equipment according to the prescribed guidelines and procedures.
- Confer with technical and supervisory personnel to establish that a termination activities plan is carried out according to procedures.
- Be able to interpret general assembly and preparation drawings for termination.
- Inspect equipment and parts for deviations prior to assembly.
- Abide by all safety, quality, and environmental requirements.
- Have thorough knowledge of the construction and function of the umbilical termination assembly.
- Ability and understanding on how to run the various welding machines used in the welding process used for welding of small bore super duplex tubing.
- Able to make adjustments to welding parameters in accordance to welding procedures.
- Day to day maintenance and inspection of the umbilical welding equipment.
- Monitor and document day to day operations of the termination work.
- Operate a forklift and overhead crane.
- Uses appropriate tools and extreme caution when preparing the umbilical for termination.
- Be able to do the welding using FCAW, GTAW, SMAW and SAW welding processes.
- Responsible for knowing and understanding the procedures and other relevant activities associated with the preparation (shielding/back gas, beveling, wall thickness, positioning etc.), welding (WPS- welding procedure specifications, welding qualifications acc. To ASME IX/ AWS D1.1), and welding inspection.
- Subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur both inside and outside.
- The termination operator/welder is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, and exposure to high heat.
- Cleans work area once per shift or as required to meet safety requirements.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities