Corporate OverviewAker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 14,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for more information on our business, people and values.
Aker Solutions' Controls A&T based in Port Klang is responsible for the manufacturing of the Subsea Control Modules (SCM) which is one of the most complex and important equipment in the subsea production system. We need talented welders who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the Subsea market. We are looking for Welder:
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- · Perform position welds on code materials, will also position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- · To work in a safe manner at all times, to comply with all current safety legislation and AkerSolutionsSubsea’s own safety policy.
- · To work to the required weld procedures required by the respective projects.
- · To work to project specific quality plans.
- · To work at all times to the Company’s Integrated Management System.
- · To complete all activities identified within the department workpacks.
- · To ensure that all activities are made to established procedures / plans
- To demonstrate through example of high commitment and alignment with value of Aker Solutions Vision is to be the preferred partner for all stakeholders, through: HSE Mindset • Customer Drive • Hands-on Management • Delivering Results • Open and Direct Dialogue • People and Teams
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
Candidate must possess at least a Vocational/ Diploma / Short Course Certificate, any field.
Qualify in welding process
- Manual GTAW, 6G ( up till 3/8" OD, 3.2mm wall thickness and over )
Certifications in American Welding Society (AWS) PASSED WITH WQT (WELDERS QUALIFICATION TEST).
At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
Abilities and knowledge
Able to read and interpret fabrication drawing and welding symbols
- Knowledge and experience in Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) equipments and consumable.
- Knowledge and experience in plasma arc and gas cutting operations.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities