Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions' Software Engineering team based in Mobile, AL is responsible for developing the software components of our subsea oil and gas equipment. We need software engineers who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the Gulf of Mexico market. We are looking for a software engineer I who is able and willing to go offshore and who will NOT need work authorization assistance now or in the future.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
1. Deliver projects to agreed timescale, budget and to specification.
2. Implementation and testing of software.
3. Generation of procedures
4. Create IT solutions within the Industrial Automation Industry
5. Support of software at locations offsite, possibly offshore platform visits.
6. Assist in the development of more junior engineers to improve quality awareness and effectiveness of software systems utilized by Aker Solutions
7. Identifying processes and patterns within work areas and recommending procedures to improve standardization and consistency of approach to manager.
8. Monitoring trends and new products in the marketplace which could benefit the company and recommending same to manager.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
1. Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Software Engineering and 1-3 years’ experience
2. Experience with C, C++, C# and ASP.NET or other programming languages.
3. Experience with Networking (TCP/ IP) - Creating & Troubleshooting Routers and Switches (VLANS and Routing Tables)
4. Experience with communication protocols - (Modbus, CAN bus, ProfiBus, OPC, Ethernet TCP/IP)
5. Experience with real-time Operating Systems.
6. Experience with real-time control systems is preferred.
7. Experience with PLC/SCADA control systems is preferred.
8. Demonstrable relevant software engineering experience in an industrial setting, preferably within the subsea oil & gas industry
9. Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written.
10. Professional client relationship.
11. Good team player.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
Contact Us:NES Advantage is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact: Julie Watkins, Sr. Recruiter, Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org