Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions' Project Planning team assists in achieving project objectives by monitoring job progress according to schedules and managing the project according to contract and internal procedures. We are seeking an experienced and motivated Project Planner who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the energy industry.
Position location Mobile, AL
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Establish and perform planning activities in both Primavera and SAP
Monitor activities bi-weekly or monthly to determine adherence to schedule
Provide bi-weekly and monthly schedule analysis to include critical path and areas of concern
Facilitate planning with Primavera and SAP to include input from engineering, supply chain and production planning to ensure consistency in both planning and reporting
Analyze data to interpret trends
Enable early identification of potential progress risks and good control of risk mitigation
Perform clear and accurate progress cut off reporting to management and clients
Recommends formats, methods and techniques which are compatible with scope of work
Interfaces with appropriate staff of other functions, Engineering, Manufacturing, or client as needed
Responsible for providing moderately complex, detailed, timely progress reports to Project Manager and client of the overall project schedule, milestones and projected completion timelines
Monitor the execution of the complete scope of work and report progress
Perform look ahead analysis and follow up with discipline leads for activities that may be falling behind
Highlight any major deviations to the planned progress to the Project team
Able to direct and lead multi-person planning and scheduling staff
Provide expertise and guidance to less experienced individuals
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
BA/BS degree in Business, Engineering or Management
Minimum of 5-7 years of technical or relevant experience
Expert in Primavera P6 software as a 'hands-on' user required
Expert in SAP required
Experience in engineering and/or construction work process and activity sequence required
Multiple subsea product experience preferred
Ability to expand technical knowledge related to the cause and effect of project integration
Proficiently communicate ideas and concepts, developing the ability to persuade and influence others as needed, explaining why things are done the way they are within a broader organizational context
Ability to monitor and report project progress
Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is critical
Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are required
Personal Attributes: A Project Planner Sr. will display the following behavioral competencies with reasonable guidance or supervision.
- Coping with Pressure & Setbacks - Works productively in a pressurised environment; Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations; Balances the demands of a work life and a personal life; Maintains a positive outlook at work; Handles criticism well and learns from it.
- Analysing - Analyses numerical data, verbal data and all other sources of information; Breaks information into component parts, patterns and relationships; Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; Produces workable solutions to a range of problems; Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system.
- Following Instructions and Procedures - Appropriately follows instructions from others without unnecessarily challenging authority; Follows procedures and policies; Keeps to schedules; Arrives punctually for work and meetings; Demonstrates commitment to the organisation; Complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Working with People - Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others; Adapts to the team and builds team spirit; Recognises and rewards the contribution of others; Listens, consults others and communicates proactively; Supports and cares for others; Develops and openly communicates self-insight.
- Achieving Personal Work Goals & Objectives - Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm; Works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary; Identifies development strategies needed to achieve career goals and makes use of developmental or training opportunities; Seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact: Julie Watkins, Sr. Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org