Corporate OverviewAker Solutions helps the world meet its energy needs. We engineer the products, systems and services required to unlock energy. Our goal is to maximize recovery and efficiency of oil and gas assets, while using our expertise to develop the sustainable solutions of the future. Aker Solutions employs approximately 16,000 people in more than 20 countries.
Aker Solutions is a leading global oil services company that provides front-end studies, engineering, procurement and project management services for initiating and executing oil and gas field developments.
Our Business very much depends on our people; all our major achievements are team efforts. We are looking for dedicated team players who like to be part of a winning team, who meet challenges head on to serve our customers’ needs.
Aker Solutions based in London, have excellent opportunities for talented individuals who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans.
We are currently looking for a Principal Engineer (Technical Safety) with UK regulatory experience to join our Front End and execution team.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure familiarity with Aker Solutions’ HSEQ Policies, Principles, Just Care™, HSE Mindset, Life Saving Rules, Just Culture and HSE Operating System
- Carry out work in accordance with Company’s requirements for Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality systems
- Plan, organise and manage workload to ensure work is completed in line with project schedules and budgets
- Ensure technical correctness of discipline deliverables and compliance with Client specifications and project standards
- Ensure work is performed in accordance with Aker Solutions operating system (PEM)
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to discipline
- Attend project reviews/meetings/audits as required and keep Discipline Manager fully informed of status
- Provide effective leadership, supervision and technical guidance to assigned team
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Minimum 15 years engineering design experience in the offshore oil & gas industry
- Experience in leadership / supervisory position on pre-FEED, FEED and EPC projects
- Experience in preparation of safety cases for NCS / UKCS regulatory compliance
- Experience in coordination with Independent Verification Bodies (IVB) for regulatory compliance
- Good working knowledge of safety engineering including:
- Fire water system design including demand calculations
- Performing Dropped objects studies
- Performing HAZID, HAZOP reviews
- Hazard assessment, Hazardous Area Classification
- Consequence analysis
- Fire protection engineering , Fire and Gas detection
- Platform layout, escape routes, safety equipment, TR integrity and evacuation
Qualifications: BEng/BSc or MEng/MSc degree
Chartered Engineer status
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
Contact Us:NES Advantage is Aker Solutions' global recruitment services provider, responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
For further information please contact:
Dawn Aindow, Regional Manger, 02039084481