Corporate OverviewAker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 14,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for more information on our business, people and values.
Aker Solutions’ KBeDesign team’s mission is to improve Aker Solutions' competitive advantage. We do this through innovative software solutions as a key element of the on-going digitalization of the company. We develop and deliver KBE software and methods to all parts of the global Aker Solutions organization. Knowledge Based Engineering (KBE) is a technology where design and engineering experience is captured, stored and reused in order to automate time consuming and non-value adding activities in the engineering workflow. A key part of KBE is about automating geometry creation and manipulation for design, analyses and manufacturing of Aker Solutions products and designs. The tools developed by KBeDesign enable Aker Solutions projects to deliver higher quality project deliverables with fewer people in a fraction of the time it takes with conventional tools. Our team is based at Fornebu, Norway. Our team is enthusiastic and the workday is full of inspiring challenges.
We are looking for a curious, self-driven and versatile developer to strengthen our development and delivery team
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Be part of an agile team and contribute in all stages of the development, from architectural discussions to designing, coding and deployment of KBE (Knowledge Based Engineering) software
- Engage and build network with Aker Solutions domain experts to capture and structure experience and lessons learnt
- Interact with other developers on code reviews, quality assurance, software testing and validation
- Contribute in and facilitate agile development
- Part of an integrated team that turns KBeDesign visions and values into actions
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree with 1-5 years’ experience in engineering and Software development or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge and practical experience of Object-Oriented Software Development
- Experience with geometry modelling and 3D CAD and/or with engineering analyses software
- Fluent oral and written English
It is an advantage if you have:
- Knowledge Based Engineering or design automation experience from other industries
- A preference to work in an iterative and collaborative approach and have experience with Agile software development
- A drive to automate the process of software delivery and IT infrastructure, following the DevOps principles
- Experience with multi-paradigm languages and functional programming
- Highly motivated and self-driven with ability to capture and realize new ideas
- High focus on delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
For further information please contact:
Jon Østmoen, Department Manager – KBeDesign, Tel: +47 45411986
Synøve Sørland, Senior Recruiter, Tel: +47 48108511
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
Your CV, application letter and transcripts are required.