Corporate OverviewAker Solutions is a global provider of products, systems and services to the oil and gas industry. Its engineering, design and technology bring discoveries into production and maximize recovery. The company employs approximately 14,000 people in about 20 countries. Go to www.akersolutions.com for more information on our business, people and values.
Aker Solutions has recently secured new long-term contracts on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, and the project portfolio in Stavanger is rapidly expanding. We are now recruiting several new employees to strengthen our teams and prepare for future growth.
Aker Solutions' Piping & Layout department based in Stavanger Norway, needs experienced individual engineers who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the MMO market. We are looking for Senior Piping & Layout Design Engineers /DTRs (PDMS). We offer a professional network within Aker Solutions which will provide you with required technical support.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Design and 3D modelling of piping systems.
- Manage and coordinate all the piping discipline’s tasks internally in a part-project.
- Area layout and 3D modelling of equipment.
- Estimation of piping activities.
- Participate in offshore surveys as required by the various projects.
- Communication with client.
- Ensure that interfaces towards other disciplines are handled in an efficient way.
- Generate drawings and other documents according to project requirements.
Qualifications and Personal Qualities:
- Relevant technical education, BSc is preferred.
- Ability to work independently in all phases of the project; through study to execution phases.
- Experience from modification projects in the offshore industry, preferably from the North Sea.
- Experience from performing site-surveys, pipe-routing through existing areas and locating tie-in positions to achieve a clash-free design is mandatory.
- Good knowledge of PDMS, general computer technology and experience from piping design is mandatory.
- Interest for, and competency in managing other engineers is a benefit.
- Knowledge of governing regulations and standards; ASME, NORSOK etc.
- Applicants must have good oral and written skills in English and new employees from foreign countries must be willing to attend training in the Norwegian language.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Good work/life balance
- Positive work environment with challenging tasks
- Development opportunities
For more information, please contact Department Manager Øystein Høie, telephone: 51 89 79 84 or Senior Recruiter Camilla Bjelland, telephone: 917 39 951.
NES Advantage is Aker Solutions' global recruitment service provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing services.
Please attach your CV, cover letter and diploma when applying online